Thursday, March 11, 2010

Loro Piana mill



I got to go tour one of the fabric mills earlier this week! They took us through the whole entire process... starting from the animal fiber, carding, combing, spinning the yarn, weaving, dying, finishing, drying, etcetcetc.


Cashmere comes from this animal

Merino wool from this one And Vicuna from this
This mill made the most beautiful wools/cashmere/saxxon/merino fabrics, much more expensive than anything I can buy. They are actually an Italian company...also have a huge mill over there (umm. field trip there, too please!)

2 comments:

andrea said...

I'm so jealous Margo!!!

Margaret said...

I wanted you to be there the whole time! I also do a lot of fabric buying through mills in Italy... the majority of our stuff comes from there! Maybe one day I can go over there!!!